Safearth Americas – Alabama office opening
Safearth are pleased to share the opening of our new Alabama office in Hueytown. As the team are expanding in the US, we needed more room to grow. Steve Palmer flew over from Australia to join in the celebrations and even organized a big red bow and giant scissors to honor the continuing expansion of Safearth into the Americas.
What else has been happening in the US?
CEATI Transmission Conference, Atlanta – 15th & 16th November 2022
Recently Bryan Beske and Brandon Dobrowski, our engineers from the Wisconsin office, meet up with our Alabama team members Keith and Garrett to attend and exhibit at the CEATI Transmission Conference in Atlanta, Georgia. Our local team successfully showcased Safearth products and services to attendees including our testing equipment and instruments, consulting and training.
The event focused on utility best practices, tools, and technologies to improve resiliency, planning, and preparation to mitigate the impacts of climate change. Grounding was a strong focus at the event, which is Safearth’s speciality. Relevant topics covered include:
- Grounding and lightning protection & performance
- Grounding and lightning for renewable energy systems
- Wind turbine grounding
- Methodology for modelling and analysing utility-scale PV grounding systems
- Grounding and lightning protection to reduce stress on photovoltaic equipment
- Grounding and lightning practices from across the globe
- Substation grounding
- How OHGW, grounding and arresters affect the risk of wildfires
- Can neutral point grounding be used to eliminate wildfire ignition and touch voltage hazards?
- The role of grounding in wildfire prevention for improving safety and resiliency of transmission and distribution systems
- Wildfires -The importance of grounding
- Grounding system testing methods – An update on IEEE and other international developments
- Transmission and distribution grounding
- Making grounding system more resilient in the era of extreme climate
- Climate impacts on lightning protection and grounding
- Power generation plants: grounding maintenance and inspection for climate impacts
Safearth is a specialist electrical engineering group providing world-recognized expertise in safe power system grounding and lightning protection systems.
With offices in Wisconsin, Alabama and Edmonton we are here to help your team improve their understanding of grounding risk and offer advice on how to design and test grounding systems. For more information please call 877-8 GROUND (877-847-6863) or email firstname.lastname@example.org