Last updated: 17 October 2018 (previous versions)
Safearth is a professional electrical engineering business of The Peak Group, ABN 67 090 475 004, providing products and services related to the specialist area of power system earthing and lightning protection.
Personal Data We Collect
We collect personal data you provide to us via the contact page of this website, over the phone, in writing and in person. We may also collect data publicly available on the internet.
Where We Collect Your Personal Data From
In addition to collecting personal information provided directly from you to us, we may collect information via: an agent or third party acting on your behalf; referrals from other companies; website analytics provided by third parties; publicly available sources such as websites and social networks. Where your information is provided to us indirectly by an agent or third party we will presume it has been provided with your consent.
How We Use Your Information
We will only use and share your personal information for legitimate business purposes and as required by law. This includes for the purposes of:
- Providing, maintaining and improving our services to you;
- Accounting and book-keeping to process financial transactions and send you information such as invoices and remittances;
- Resolving technical issues relating to our services;
- Sending technical notices and updates as relevant;
- Communicating with you in providing customer service;
- Resolving complaints;
- Marketing and sharing information about upcoming events, offers, promotions, surveys, news and other information we think you may be interested in or that may be of benefit, which you may opt out of at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Analysing trends and usage of our website;
- Advertising, market research and business development;
- Administration such as training and internal audits;
- Security, i.e. ensuring the safety of our premises, staff and visitors via CCTV;
- Complying with regulatory and legal obligations.
We will not sell your information or use your information for any other purpose unless express permission is provided by you to do so.
Retention of Personal Information
We will retain your personal information for the length of time required to carry out the purpose of its use as set out above. In determining the most appropriate length of time we will take into consideration:
- The amount, nature and sensitivity of the information;
- The purposes for which we use the information;
- The potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of the information; and
- Any legal requirements.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Where required to carry out our business or by law, your personal information may be shared:
- Between employees, contractors and volunteers carrying out the activities of The Peak Group Pty Ltd;
- In response to a request for information if disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- With public authorities where required by law;
- With another legal entity in the instance of a joint venture, merger, reorganisation, collaboration, change of legal entity, sale or dissolution of The Peak Group Pty Ltd;
- To any other third party with your consent or as specifically requested by you.
We cannot be held liable for the actions of a third party that we have shared your information with after being given your consent to do so, nor can we be held liable for the information shared in any links on another company’s website.
Your Rights Regarding Your Information
Under Data Protection law you have several rights as outlined below. You may also lodge a complaint if you believe your personal information is not being processed in accordance with the law. We encourage you to contact us with any questions or issues.
- Right of access – you have the right to see and obtain a copy of all the information we retain about you. A fair and reasonable administration fee will apply.
- Right to rectification – if you believe the information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to request us to fix it
- Right to erasure – you may request that we erase your personal information, and we will comply unless there is a legitimate legal reason not to do so
- Right to restrict or object to processing – you may request we stop processing your information or restrict our usage of it, however this may restrict our ability to carry out our services
- Right to withdraw consent – you may at any time withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information. This withdrawal of consent is not retrospective and can only apply to future dealings. It may also restrict your ability to benefit from our services
- Right to information portability – you may re-use your personal information for your own purposes, and request it be transferred between our internal IT systems
Please email email@example.com to exercise any of the above rights in the first instance.
Storage and Security of Your Personal Information
We take the storage and security of your personal information very seriously. We respect your personal privacy and take all reasonable steps to keep your information confidential and secure. Our security measures are designed to protect personal information from accidental loss, theft, misuse, alteration, unauthorised access or disclosure, and accidental or unlawful destruction.
Some specific steps we take to safeguard your personal information include:
- Restricting access to personal information to those who require it for the purposes set out in this policy;
- Storing and regular backing up electronic data on our servers and computers in various locations;
- Maintaining physical, electronic and procedural safeguards.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, we cannot be held liable for loss or corruption of personal information caused by computer viruses or any other sources of harm that remain clearly out of our control.
Amendments To This Policy
This policy may be amended from time to time at our discretion, with the latest version to be made available on our website. It is your responsibility to check for changes to this policy at any time.