Streets Distribution Designer
Risk-based earthing design – fast!
Producing risk-based distribution earthing designs can be tricky and time consuming. People living all around electrical assets need to be kept safe during earth fault events, but design budgets are usually very limited and the earthing system must be affordable to build. All this puts a lot of pressure on the earthing designer.
Streets™ design software has been developed to address this very problem. This simple but extremely powerful tool enables designers to explore the available options and develop the best solution as quickly as possible, in order to meet the relevant Australian Standards.
- Quickly analyse soil test results
- Select applicable safety criteria
- Recalculate fault levels & clearing times
- Assess hazards against criteria
- Model earth return paths and MEN
- See current distributions
- Specify local earthing
- Graph results
- Generate report
Save time and money on distribution earthing design & construction by employing Safearth’s state-of-the-art tool.
Streets draws on Safearth’s decades of experience in earthing design, software development and earthing testing. It solves the thorny problem of producing safe distribution designs without employing complex, costly multipurpose earthing design tools or using “free” tools with limited accuracy and capability – often based on formulaic empirical approximations rather than a proven analytical calculation engine.
Complex design tools are usually expensive to buy, maintain and train staff in their correct use. Producing distribution earthing designs that model the surrounding MEN and earthing interconnections is very time consuming in such tools as they provide great flexibility but also require significant data input, which can dramatically increase the cost of accurate earthing design.
Free tools often rely on modelling approximations, which can lead to unnecessarily conservative earthing designs which are costly to build, or designs with significantly higher risk than indicated by the tools. In addition, they are often accompanied by lots of procedures to manage cases the software can’t handle.
- Tailored distribution design process in accordance with AS2067
- Analyse Wenner soil resistivity results and create a homogenous or two-layer model
- Model buried earthing for common and separate designs
- Specify supply voltage and prospective fault level and clearing time
- Calculate EPR based on prospective fault level
- Recalculate fault current and clearing times to account for all earthing impedances
- Analyse local and system earthing elements
- Calculate MEN input impedance
- Calculate conductive current distribution for interconnections
- Model multiple interconnected distribution assets in one design
- Calculate clearing times for relays and fuses
- Show schematic view of earthing arrangement
- Specify radius for calculation of soil voltage profiles and exclusion zone distances
- Select applicable hazard scenarios
- Select safety criteria from various Australian Standards
- Review compliance of design to criteria
- Review results in tabular & graphical form
- Calculate exclusion zones required around the earthing system to selected assets
- Automatically generate the design report
For more information, or to receive a proposal, please contact us via the form below, or via email using the following link.
For further information on the adoption of risk based earthing in distribution earthing, please read our article AS2067:2016 and the 1Ω Target.